On June 4, 1895 the first members of newly established Zion Lutheran Church gathered and agreed to build a church on a piece of property 1 1/2 miles north of the town of Cleghorn. The plans called for a structure that was 40 feet long, 28 feet wide, and 16 feet high. The church was completed later that summer. To commemorate the founders of Zion we will have an old-fashioned pie social on Sunday, June 7 from noon to 2:00 p.m. It will be held at the site of that first building, on the grounds of Zion Lutheran Cemetery. Pie, ice cream, and beverages will be provided. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket. Parking is in the field south of the cemetery. Roadside parking is reserved for seniors. This is an open-air event and food handling protocols will be in place.